Essay Writing Scholarship Challenge
The Contest Has Kicked Off!
We are excited to announce our first essay writing competition for students! Yes, it's right up Your alley! The goal is to encourage creative thinking and reward brilliant students with superb writing skills. If you want to gain the recognition you deserve and win a scholarship, we are eager to hear from you.
The authors of three winning essays will be awarded:
- 1st place - $5000
- 2nd place - $2500
- 3rd place - $500
Just think how you could put all that money to good use! For example, pay for your tuition. Or invest in business courses. Or cover your rent. Or if your gut instinct tells you to indulge yourself a little after a glorious victory, then listen to it!
Interested candidates are encouraged to read the contest conditions attentively.
The writing contest is open to everyone who at the moment of submitting an essay is a school, college or university student. If you are under the age of 18, your participation in the contest is premised on the parental or guardian consent. To claim their prize, the winner has to provide the written proof of consent.
No entrance fees are required!
Choose among the following topics for your essay:
- Gun Control in America: What Should Be Done?
- Street Marches - Good or Bad?
- How Has the Internet Changed the Way We Learn Stuff?
- What Does It Mean to Be a Feminist Today?
- Have Dating Apps Killed Romance?
- What Is the Right Way to Implement Sex Ed in Schools?
- Why Is Donald Trump Really Good/Bad for America?
- Violent Games: Do They Really Cause Violence in Kids and Teens?
- The Book That Has Had the Biggest Impact on Me
- Online Bullying: Why Is It No Better Than the Real One?
You may not use the same topic for more than one essay. Neither you are allowed to use topics other than listed above.
All essays should be submitted by December 24th, 2018. The results of the competition will be published on January 7th, 2019. Texts submitted after the closing date of the competition (11:59 pm of December 24th) will not be considered by the judging panel.
If you are interested in our contest (of course you are!), follow these simple steps to participate:
- Wake up your inner creator and craft an awesome essay or essays (maximum of 10 works for one applicant – one entry per topic).
- In the name of the file, include your last and first name plus the topic of the essay (as it is defined in the list of topics below).
- Attach and send the essay to firstname.lastname@example.org with ESSAY COMPETITION 2018 YOUR LAST & FIRST NAME in the subject line.
It is also important to include the following information in your email:
- Your full name
- Your age
- Your educational institution
- Your phone number
- Your email address
- The chosen essay topic
Note that your entry won’t be considered if you fail to provide any of the items listed above. If you submit more than one entry, please send them in separate emails. We will confirm that your email has been received by us.
To join the contest, your essay must conform to the following requirements:
- The essays should be submitted in .doc or .docx format.
- The minimum word count for each essay is 600 words.
- All entries must be written in English.
- Harassing, defamatory, or offensive essay content is grounds for disqualification.
- The submitted essays must be at least 95% original (they will be run through a professional plagiarism checker – Copyscape).
Only 10 (ten) entries per person are permitted (one entry per topic).
The judging panel consisting of at least 10 experienced writers will be established to shortlist the best works and select the winners.
The submitted essays will be judged on the basis of relevance, understanding of the topic, the quality of argumentation, use of evidence, organization, and writing style. You are encouraged to answer an essay prompt of your choice as precisely and directly as possible.
A winning essay is expected to demonstrate:
- a high level of critical analysis and quality of argumentation;
- independent judgment;
- originality of thought;
- accurate integration of evidence;
- clear discussion of abstract ideas;
- well-organized and unified structure;
- complete sentences, correct punctuation, and accurate grammar.
Any individual of 18 years or older who is currently a school/college/university student can enter the Competition. At least one parent/guardian consent is required for the participation of a minor. Participation in the Competition is not legally enforceable.
You can only submit ten entries (one entry per topic).
We shall not be held liable for any damaged or loss suffered by you as a result of your participation or lack thereof in the Competition.
We reserve the right to modify or cancel any part of the Rules and Regulations at our sole discretion without prior notice. You are encouraged to review them regularly.